First of all I would like to thank you all for taking the time to celebrate your child's learning; letting them present their hard work, what they're proud of and their next learning steps. I am incredibly proud of the effort that all the children in A3 put into their celebrations and the amount of personal and academic growth they have achieved so far.
Secondly I would like to encourage you to attend our fantastic parent information evening about how we are progressing on our e-Learning journey this Wednesday 31st May. Its on from 6.30 to 7.30pm in the school staffroom.
The agenda for the evening will be:
- What we have achieved so far!
- Teacher tools.
- Google Apps for Education.
- Student tools for learning - sites / apps.
- The SAMR model for integrating technology.
- Good sites for learning at home.
Our whole class reading focus for the week links back to our inquiry topic of change. We have started to think about using poetic language to create strong images in our writing.
Maths:We will be rounding off our unit on fractions this week with some hands on problem solving with an edible solution. We will also continue our learning about time.
Wednesday will see us undertaking another experiment using homemade universal indicator; re-sparking our interest about the properties of matter and what causes it to change.
- Tuesday we will be practicing our soccer/football skills.
- At lunchtime on Wednesday we have our first year 3/4 vertical team soccer game vs Team Winter. (Go A-Team !!!)
- Thursday will be our bike day this week
- Finally on Friday we have A-Team sports.